Have you ever considered including crystals in your yoga and meditation practice? Crystals are non-precious gemstones that have been treasured for centuries for their metaphysical properties, and when used with yoga they become powerful allies.
How to Choose Your Crystal Companion
The first step is selecting the right crystal. Each crystal possesses distinct properties and energies that can align with your specific intentions. Here are a few crystals commonly embraced in yoga:
Amethyst: Renowned for its calming and meditative attributes, amethyst can enhance spiritual growth and intuition during your practice.
Clear Quartz: As a versatile and amplifying crystal, clear quartz can intensify your intentions and infuse your practice with clarity.
Rose Quartz: The embodiment of love and compassion, rose quartz is perfect for heart-opening poses, nurturing self-love and emotional healing.
Selenite: Selenite acts as a purifier, cleansing and rejuvenating your energy, ideal for grounding and clearing your mind.
Black Tourmaline: For those seeking protection and a sense of security during challenging poses, black tourmaline provides a sturdy shield.
How to Integrate Crystals to a Yoga Practice
1. Choose with intention: Your choice of crystal should align with your unique needs and the energy you wish to cultivate during your yoga practice.
2. Cleansing ritual: Before using your crystal, cleanse and charge it. Cleansing methods range from rinsing with water to smudging with sage or exposing it to moonlight.
3. Set your intention: As you begin your yoga session, take a moment to set a clear intention. It could be a personal growth goal, a desire for healing, or a simple yearning for inner peace.
4. Placement with purpose: Depending on your practice and crystal size, you can place it strategically on your mat or body. For instance, during heart-opening poses like Camel or Bridge, a heart-shaped rose quartz can be gently placed on your heart chakra.
5. Meditate with your crystal: During seated meditation or moments of reflection, hold your crystal and allow its energy to flow through you, enhancing your intention.
Whether you seek balance, healing, or heightened self-awareness, these gem companions will be your guiding lights. Embrace their energies and let them take your yoga practice to new heights.
Author: Aimeé Durán Triujeque Category: Yoga Date: 10/31/2023
Expert outdoor writer, yoga teacher-in-training and artist born in Mexico. Aimee's personal practice has evolved into an eclectic and healing combination of Restorative, Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar and Kundalini yoga.