This is a favorite at all the events I cater for at Vernonia Springs. It's a quick and easy meal that is light yet satisfying. I serve this with a caesar salad which is perfect for spring and summer. The bite of balsamic vinegar and aromatic basil is a real crowd pleaser! Play around with the seasonings to satisfy your own taste.
(makes 4-6 servings)
- 16 oz gluten free brown rice pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ - ½ cup balsamic vinegar to taste
- marinated mozzarella balls cut in half
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta in a large pot for 8-10 min. Watch closely to be sure that you do not overcook.
Rinse pasta thoroughly in a strainer with hot water to remove starch and keep it from being sticky.
Add remaining ingredients, toss and serve!