Many essential oils have been touted for their ability to reduce anxious feelings and promote a greater sense of peace and relaxation. The grounding effects of essential oils make them ideal for alleviating anxious feelings, creating clarity, and encouraging spaciousness.
I just read this post from a friend of mine that reminded me that we have the ability to direct our thoughts and choose our focus. She writes,
“Viruses are contagious - so is panic, fear, hysteria, calm, love, enthusiasm, kindness, and joy. Choose wisely.”
To create more spaciousness and clarity in this time of the unknown, we must learn how to unhook from the chatter in the mind that can accentuate distress and overwhelming feelings.
We know that to function to the best of our ability, we need to be able to focus on the present moment. Right now, our world is in a state of panic and ironically, when we need it most, it’s a challenge to focus at all! The pull of social media and the urge to talk about the issues at hand is a mental drain and a distraction.
Practicing self care right now is crucial. We need to boost our immune system instead of dragging it down with worry and distress. One way we can give our brains and bodies the rest we need is by adding these essential oils into our daily routine:
- Lavender - calms the mind and promotes relaxation.
- Basil - for those that need mental clarity; great alone or diffused with peppermint or cedarwood.
- Douglas Fir and Spearmint - the grounding aroma of douglas fir can give you a sense of focus while mint invigorates the mind; both can uplift your mood to give you a more positive outlook.
- Eucalyptus - clears the mind and chases away tense feelings.
- doTerra makes some wonderful roll on blends called Console and InTune.
You can try using these oils topically or in a diffuser anytime life feels a little bit too chaotic to create spaciousness, clarity, focus, and calm.
We all must do what we can, let go of what we can’t control, and most importantly, remember that this, too, shall pass.